Below is a list of accredited physical therapy assistant schools in Florida.
1. Broward College Physical Therapist Assistant
- Health Sciences, Building 41, 1000 Coconut Creek Boulevard, Coconut Creek, FL 33066
- Programs offered accredited by CAPTE
- Designation: Public
- Telephone: 954-201-2086
- Broward College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACS).
- Program takes 5 semesters to complete 74 credits,
- General education courses (any course without a PHT prefix) are taught at varied times (days, evenings, weekends) at all campus locations. All PHT courses are offered during the day only. Classes are held at North Campus for the BC site and at the Lee County Campus for the ESC site.
- In order to progress through the Physical Therapist Assistant Program, a student must successfully achieve all affective, cognitive, and psychomotor objectives, achieve a grade of “C” or above in all program courses, a grade of “S” in all clinical practicums, and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher.
2. Central Florida Community College Physical Therapist Assistant
- Contact: Jean McCauley
- Telephone: 352-854-2322 extension 1442 or [email protected]
- An Associate of Science degree program that takes about 2 years (for students who attend on a full time basis).
- The programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association
- All Health Sciences candidates in this college undergo a mandatory criminal background check. Candidates with a criminal record may not be eligible for any CF Health Sciences program.
- Once a candidate is accepted in the program, he or she then undergoes a medical examination & proof of immunization is also required.
3. Daytona State College Physical Therapist Assistanton
- Address: 1200 International Speedway Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Contacts: Melissa Brown, Academic Advisor at email [email protected] or or, Robert Wagner, PT, DPT at email address [email protected]
- Telephone: (386) 506-3052, (386) 506-3752.
- Programs offered accredited by CAPTE
- The PTA Program is accredited by the Commission of Accreditation for Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association.
The selection criteria is based on the following:-
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher needed.
- Documentation of a minimum twenty (20) hours of physical therapy volunteer observation or clinical health care work experience. The 20hrs are required to be distributed as evenly as possible among at least 2 different types of health care facilities; ie outpatient, hospital, nursing home.
- Completion of pre-requisite & co-requisite courses with a grade of “C” or better
- Other criteria
4. Florida State College at Jacksonville Physical Therapist Assistant
- North Campus, 4501 Capper Road, Jacksonville, FL 32218-4499
- Phone: 904-766-5574, Fax: 904-766-5573
- PTA program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- The application deadline for this program is February 15 of each year for classes starting in May of the same year.
- The students undergo clinical training at local physical therapy facilities as part of the PTA curriculum
- Upon completion of the PTA program, the students are awarded an A.S. degree
- Students are required to undergo criminal background checks and drug screening prior to clinical placements.
- Site: http://floridastatecollegecatalog.fscj.edu
There are other physical therapy assistant schools in Florida including:
- Gulf Coast Community College Physical Therapist Assistant
- Indian River State College Physical Therapist Assistant
- Keiser University Physical Therapist Assistant
- Lake City Community College Physical Therapist Assistant
- Miami Dade College Physical Therapist Assistant
- Pensacola Junior College Physical Therapist Assistant
- Polk State College Physical Therapist Assistant
We hope the information has been useful to you.